At Christ the King we promote the academic, physical, spiritual and social development of each child. We do this through a stimulating environment and a broad and balanced curriculum. We aim to:
· Encourage compassion, care and respect one for another;
· Nurture the child’s spirituality through prayer and worship;
· Develop the pupil’s individual talents;
· Encourage the children to do their best;
· Promote family involvement in our school;
· Value each child’s individuality.
As a Catholic school our values of compassion, care and respect rooted in the Gospel encompass those values identified by the Government as "British values". So we:
enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures;
encourage respect for other people; and
encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes.